Veg Week 2012
Join Compassionate Action for Animals September 29th - October 7th for a week-long celebration of all things veg!
Compassionate Action for Animals (CAA) started our celebration all things veg back in 2004. Over the course of one week we celebrate vegetarian diets, educate the public about compassionate food choices, and inspire respect for farm animals. Events include a feed in and film screening, a potluck, a dine-out, a cooking class, and more. Check out our calendar below for a full list of events and times. If you have any questions about Veg Week or how to set up events in your area, contact Unny.
Pledge to be Veg!
Participate in Veg Week by taking our Pledge to be Veg and choosing to eat vegetarian for the week! Already a vegetarian? We are encouraging vegetarians to try eating vegan.
Don't worry, we make it easy! When you Pledge, you receive a Pledge Card that gives discounts at local veg-friendly restaurants and businesses. We also help by sending email updates with recipes and nutrition advice, and providing a supportive community of animal lovers who will be attending our events during the first week of October!
Encourage your friends to take the pledge too!
Veg Pledge Discount Card
When you take the pledge, you'll get a discount on vegetarian food at the following local restaurants:
- Camdi - 10% off
- Ecopolitan - 10% off
- Evergreen Chinese Restaurant - 10% off
- Galactic Pizza - 10% off
- Sen Yai Sen Lek - 20% off (up to $100)
- Seward Cafe - 20% off
- Tao Natural Foods - 10% off
Who is Taking the Pledge?
The following people are taking the Pledge to be Veg:
- Cam Gordon, City of Minneapolis Second Ward City Council Member
- Robin Garwood, Aide to Cam Gordon
Calendar of Events
See the events below, and click on each link for more details!
- Tuesday, September 11th, 10 am to 2 pm: Vegan Food Showcase, West Bank bridgehead, University of Minnesota, Twin Cities
- Saturday, September 29th, 7 to 10 pm: Veg Week Kick-off Concert with Roe Family Singers and Conjuring Trick in The Whole in Coffman Memorial Union, University of Minnesota, Twin Cities
- Monday, October 1st, 6 pm to 10 pm: Spaghetti Feed-In and Vegucated movie showing in the Mississippi Room in Coffman Memorial Union, University of Minnesota, Twin Cities
- Tuesday, October 2nd, 10 am to 2 pm: Bake Sale, in the basement of Coffman Memorial Union, University of Minnesota, Twin Cities
- Tuesday, October 2nd, 7 pm to 8 pm: Shop with a Vegan at the Seward Co-op
- Thursday, October 4th, 7 pm to 10 pm: Dine-Out at Krungthep Thai
- Friday, October 5th, 8 pm - 11 pm: Vegan After Dark at Moto-I
- Saturday, October 6th, 1:30 to 3 pm: Cooking Class at Van Cleve Community Center
- Sunday, October 7th, 1 pm to 3 pm: Chicken Sanctuary Tour at a local sanctuary